The motor retail industry’s staff attrition rate is between 30 and 40%, according to BDO’s annual salary and employment survey. As a result, dealers who don’t invest in staff development could see a third of their workforce leave.
The IMI People Theatre will focus on recruitment, motivation and skills development at Automotive Management LIVE this November, to provide the industry with actionable insights into how to retain valuable staff and produce a high performing workforce.
New for 2018, the theatre was hosted by the Institute for the Motor Industry (IMI), motor retail’s professional body for skills and career development. GMD People was set to provide lively and engaging insights into how motor retailers can better support their staff.
The IMI People Theatre enabled:
- CEOs, Directors and Owners to create the highest achieving and dedicated workforce and understand how managerial development can increase business returns, and help their employees reach their potential and deliver more profit
- HR Managers and Directors to find out the latest professional training available, learn industry best practice and discover new ideas for retaining staff and creating a loyal workforce
- Sales Managers to develop their leadership ability and increase the performance of their team as well as acquiring the skills needed to make the next step on the career ladder
- Dealer Principals to understand what training is on offer and how leadership skills are essential for a successful business
- Aftersales Managers who want to widen their access to DP and divisional director roles through the right training and by acquiring accreditation